Friday, October 25, 2019

Under the heading of "art, life,"--and other craziness! Making videos...

Folding journals ARE fun to work in, and relatively fast to make...

They can be small, with only a few pages, like this one, or you can join multiple strips for a longer journal.




I am working on some new videos and images for a new project Danny Gregory's putting together--a new approach upcoming in the future.  Sounded like fun, and relatively easy--which it IS.  Or would be...


This illustration was from a nice, easy PDF a few years ago.  LOTS easier than doing a video, let me tell you!

But oh my, today was one of those days.  (Actually the last two I got off to him a couple of weeks ago were a bit problematical, too, since after multiple tries at sharing our Dropbox folders I ended up doing unlisted videos on YouTube for him to download...it worked, but it was a little less than smooth! )

Anyway, today we finally got a good day and enough time after our doctors' appointments this morning.  Got the table, my chair, lights, tripod, journals, cover boards, glue, stamps, etc. all corralled and ready to go...

And found that NEITHER of our printers is working, so I couldn't print out my script for video with the "starting a new journal" idea, so I decided fine, I'd just do the ones that I didn't need a script for.

And discovered the camera battery was dead.  Found another battery, got the first video almost done (on making covers for the zigzag journals) when Amazon delivered and banged on the door in the middle of videoing!  (Funny, can't say filming any more...or taping...) 

Soooo, starting over on that one, all worked fine this time, and I decided to do a couple of show-and-tell journal videos too, just showing the various techniques and images.  Everybody loves to browse someone else's journal, right?? 

Got done with the first one and the light's battery died just as I started the second.   I decided we were done for the day...

No, this wasn't today...things are quite a bit more complex now.  For one thing, my indoor cats are nosy!  This was the shed, a few years ago, in the winter.  Nice bounced light, though!

I'm putting both of them on YouTube as unlisted, again, and hope they work.  Been at 68% for well over an hour...

Babble babble...

And then, oops.  Watching the videos, I realized I did say "oh, bugger" in the first one, when something went wrong, completely forgetting in the UK that is a BAD word for a lady to be using.   I figure Danny can edit out or leave it, it doesn't bother me, but it might someone!

I hope to get more done tomorrow, and perhaps more smoothly since surely we've worked the bugs out now and I don't feel quite so inept.  Knock wood.  Fingers crossed...

So for those who say it looks so easy, or who ask me why don't I do a video on this, or that, or more of them, or more often...maybe not.

Oh, yeah, I mentioned my YouTube video on making one-page folding journals and that I'd provide a link--that's here in case you'd like to see it again: https://youtu.be/CffQyRdTDUc

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love your feedback...please share your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin