Thursday, December 11, 2008

"Ravenflight"--watercolor on Yupo

9" x 12" ORIGINAL watercolor on Yupo surface Nevada's arid desert captures my imagination--each time I visit, I make time to go to Red Rock Canyon or the Valley of Fire--both are spectacular! In this alien landscape, any sign of life is a welcome one. Ravens thrive, as do coyotes, lizards, snakes and spiders... This watercolor was done for my latest North Light book, a revision of Watercolor Tricks & Techniques done 20 years ago. There have been many new materials and techniques in the intervening years, and I am enjoying the exploration. "Ravenflight" was done on Yupo, a plastic surface that allows some wonderful, fresh effects as well as ease of lifting. I was delighted with the effects here. $140 This painting is offered unmatted and unframed to keep costs down. It will come to you carefully wrapped via Priority Mail. Insurance included in the shipping cost
 
Give the gift of original art!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love your feedback...please share your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin