Wednesday, November 14, 2012

New work is available--finally!

I've been going in a lot of directions at once, as you can probably tell...but adding new things to my Etsy shop, Cathy Johnson Art! Take a peek...

This one's a print of a painting I did on the spot...I may add the original to my Etsy store later!

The historic Royal Hotel in Excelsior Springs is slated for renovation; right now the back of the old place is quite picturesque, and I couldn't resist sketching it. This print is from an original plein air ink and watercolor, done on the spot one beautiful fall day.

The print is 5 x 7" which works well in an 8" x 10" frame; I make every effort to match the color as closely as possible and use archival materials, but there is often some variation due to differences in computer monitors.

This one is an original sketch--sale price on Etsy.

I gave a watercolor workshop for Strathmore Papers in the spring of 2012, and this was one of the demos that were the MOST fun to do! I love the fresh, splashy color watercolor offers, and the combination of line was wash.

This original watercolor painting is 7" x 6-1/2" --

Both will come to you securely wrapped and backed, ready to mat and frame. 

...FUN and fast and colorful.  I'll be offering more of my demos as we go along...

If you're interested, just click the link under the sketches!

2 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful artworks .....well done and fresh !
    From a french sketcher and watercolorist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Christian! And as you know, I like your work as well.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your feedback...please share your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin