Friday, July 1, 2011

Cafe Press is doing away with CDs as of July 30th

...and since they have been my BIG seller there, I'll be looking for a new home for the on-demand printing function that CafePress offered..

(If you know of a dependable option, I'd be delighted to hear about it!)

I discovered this when I was working on the two new slideshow CDs...I finally got everything working together and was able to finish a couple of projects that had been hanging around for a couple of years.  As in this afternoon. 

I went to Cafe Press to upload the new information--I'd already sent them the art last week--and to get the information sheet you mail with the master CDs.

They hadn't bothered to let any of the shop owners know about this change until I got an email, tonight, after calling them today to ask what was up.

SO.  My CDs will still be available on my website...and they'll still be in my CafePress store until July 30th.



This has been one of my most popular new offerings...
And after that time, I believe I'll be closing the store entirely, so if there are any t-shirts, mugs, artist's t-shirts, clocks, greeting cards, post cards, messenger bags, aprons, or whatever that you'd been wanting, now's the time. 

Eventually I will have an Etsy shop or a Volusion, or Zazzle, but for now I'm not up for continuing to pay CafePress a premium shop fee and their cut on goodies without having my bestselling CDs available.

The address is here: http://www.cafepress.com/cathy_johnson and again, after that time, the CDs will be available on my website, but the cards, t-shirts, aprons and such will not.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have bought CDs there over the past years--it's been a real ride, and you have been MUCH appreciated! 

And watch this space for news of where we end up! 

4 comments:

  1. Cathy, why don't you just offer to download your CDs in ISO-Format (just like an eBook). This would be cheaper for customers since no postage and package is needed and would also be easier to shop for customers from Europe (like me ... ;) ). BTW, just finished reading your new book and I'm absolutely enchanted. I am a travel journaler for a few years now and love to work in my sketchbook. However, I think your book now makes me journal more on a daily basis. Thanks very much!
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with the suggestion above. And/or you could offer the pdfs as a download - this is so much more cost efficient and appealing for potential overseas buyers. Any plans to go electronic soon? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been on our to-do list for ages! Sorry it's taking us so long to research it all, but we're swamped. Will announce as SOON as I have something available. Definitely on the horizon for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's good news! Looking forward to your announcement. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your feedback...please share your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin