Thursday, December 11, 2008

"Vassmer's, Windy March Day"

ORIGINAL watercolor on Saunders Waterford paper 7 1/2" x 7 1/2" (roughly) This is another in the series I did at Vassmer's old dairy. The historic farmhouse shown in my recently sold painting on this blog has now fallen victim to an arsonist. But the barns are still there, and I will go back to sketch and paint them, again and again. Waterford paper is rich and heavy, beautiful to work on. The cold pressed surface had just enough texture to work well to suggest the lacy foliage of the ancient cedar trees on this winter day. There are notes on the painting in my Flickr album, if you are interested in how I worked--click on the title, above, and it will take you there. $150 This painting is offered unmatted and unframed to keep costs down. It will come to you carefully wrapped via Priority Mail, in the US. Insurance included in the shipping cost
 
Give the gift of original art!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love your feedback...please share your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin