Thursday, December 18, 2008

"Japanese Iris"

ORIGINAL watercolor on Fabriano cold pressed paper 8 1/2" x 11" I was staff naturalist and contributing editor for Country Living Magazine for many years--through the late '80s and much of the '90s, writing my own nature columns and illustrating the words of others. This painting was one of a series of iris varieties done for that magazine; after all these years, I am finally ready to find good homes for some of these! This painting is offered un-matted and unframed to keep costs down. It will come to you carefully wrapped via Priority Mail, in the US. Insurance included in the shipping cost $100
 Gift the gift of original art!

5 comments:

  1. That is very pretty; a very light touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I enjoyed doing this series. Flowers are always a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thankyou for your comment on my blog I just happened to be reading about you in The Illustrated life! you have such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy~
    I've been trying to tidy-up my studio over the past several days & came across a very thick folder...was THRILLED when I opened it & found my HUGE collection of articles/illustrations of yours from several magazines!
    I've added a link to my blog so that I can visit often...
    I treasure your books, paintings, articles etc. ~ Thank you for sharing so much of YOU!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you both! Michelle, I'm amazed, sounds like you've kept better track than I have!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your feedback...please share your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin